Monday, May 18, 2009

Magazine Reflection

The reflection is due by the end of the day on Thursday. Please take your time and look through your own work as well as others classmates'.

Think of the process, which began weeks (or months ago)--you started with an idea or maybe an earlier draft of piece of work. That was edited and revised many times for content, substance and style. You created or re-used artwork or photography. This was edited and resized for our magazine. Finally, all of this was compiled into a layout that was critiqued and revised until you could do the final steps of "file > package."

1. What went well for you during the process of creating this magazine?

  • Having people around that know what they are doing was definitely what went well. It went well because I didn’t really have an idea coming into the project if my writing was worth being put in a magazine or what I wanted my layout to be. With the help of my teacher and my peers I made a piece of writing that was really good. What else went really well was just everyone being ok with how the magazine was going to be made and no one really was angry if there choice wasn’t chosen what I’m trying to say is everyone was open to new ideas.

2. What challenges did you face as you moved from an early draft or idea to a final product?

  • The challenge I faced was I had two pieces of writing and I didn’t really know which one I wanted to use. I overcame this problem simply by asking opinions of different people and I finally made my decision. Another problem I came into was that my layout was kind of boring to me I fixed this by talking to my teacher who gave me some great ideas.

3. What other examples of work—student and professional—stood out as exemplary and served as a good model for your own work?

  • My title was similar to Nyachare’s title. I also used some of the layouts form national geographic magazine and the Atlantic Magazine as my guidelines for my layout.
In the end I'm really proud of this project and I think that it is the coolest one that I have done so far.

No comments: