Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Newspaper Reflection

Something that I contributed to the paper that I really liked are the headlines, that could be found throughout the whole newspaper, at the the bottom of the page. I did 1/2 of them and Ashley did the other 1/2. I like them because there funny.



Something specific that I contributed to the final product that I think could've been better, would be the spelling mistakes. There some spelling mistakes that I should've caught like in the headlines at the bottom of the mewspaper page it says physic intstead of Psychic. I also think that the layout couldve been better to. A way I think I couldve helped make it better is by over the weekend I couldve drawn out some ideas so that when we had to do it on Monday it wouldnt have taken that long.



What I did throughout the project is on the first day Ashley and I sat together and brainstormed some topics for articles and then assigned them. I looked over the Charleston debate transcripts and highlighted some important quotes from Douglas. I critiqued my partners work while they critiqued mine, we did this a couple of times. I worked on the headlines for my article, found a photo and made a caption. We all worked on the layout and design equal amounts of times too. I think that I used my resources well until it came to the layout and design. I definitely think that it could've been much better and looked more like a newspaper.

No comments: