Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Blog


I think that Arana is right when she says, "Isn't it time for the language to move on?” When Arana says this I see it as her saying that its time for us to stop identifying with one race like Obama he isn’t only African American he’s also ½ Caucasian. I agree that the language should move because we shouldn't base our decision or opinions based on race. In my opinion I think that most people voted for Obama because he was different he wasn't the typical president and I think most races felt that they could connect with him since he's African American and Caucasian, or how Arana describes him as biracial and bicultural. I didn't really know who I was for, one day I'd be for Obama then I would change my mind back and forth; I just found it kind of ignorant how most based their choice on race; it should be more than that race is like how Arana explains it, “an unreliable marker, a deceptive form of packaging”. Most look at Obama as our first black president; I look at him as our first half Caucasian and half African American president so that's why I agree with Arana.

No comments: