Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Blog Entry #1

, Teacher’s Tried in Love Triangle Slaying, September 3, 2008
Thesis: The thesis of this article is “A high school teacher's husband has admitted killing his wife's teenage lover, her former student, but it will be up to a jury to decide if it was premeditation, the heat of passion or an accident.”
Class Connection: I think that this has to do with the Locke and Hobbs thing. I think that this is Hobbes because Hobbes thinks government is necessary which makes sense since we need to punish this guy for killing someone.
Personal Response: I think that this guy doesn’t really deserve up to 25 years in prison. I think that Eric McLean was acting out in rage and that’s what caused him to kill the student his wife was having an affair with.
update: As we were discussing this article in class one of my classmates brought the point up that this also adresses how everyone should have a right to a fair trial just like John Adams thought.

No comments: